Wednesday 3 November 2010

Nanowrimo - How To Be A Successful Writer


Good luck to all the Nanowrimo people - a group aiming for individuals to write 50,000 words from scratch in one month. Yes, that's right, one month!  And it's this month, November, Nanowrimo is short for national novel writing month but I would say it was more international now.

http://www.nanowrimo.org/ You are not allowed to add to an existing ream and it has to be a totally new piece of work.  My goodness, I will not be taking part seeing as it has taken me two years to get to where I am today with my current book.  But it is certainly a challenge that can lend inspiration.  How many words a day do you manage?  I normally manage about 1000-2000 words when I do actually sit down to write.  But it's sporadic to say the least as I have so many other things to do.

So, in order to be a successful writer, I recommend giving up all forms of procrastination such as watching TV, social networking, answering the phone, sleeping, breathing, doing housework (never ever iron!)  and most importantly earning a living.  Can anyone suggest any more unnecessary forms of procrastination? Ban all these from your life and you will have your book finished in no time.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...